Beauty Products in Kenya
There is a wide range of Beauty Products in Kenya available for the Kenyan Beautiful Woman. Every Kenyan woman wants to have youthful and glowing skin. That is why a lot of women invest in various products for skin care. However, most Kenyan women do not really know much about the products they buy. Here are some facts that you might want to know before putting on your cleanser, moisturizer, lotion and the like.
i. Do not cleanse a lot. Cleansing products have some contents which may cause the skin to become dry. Do not use cleansing products more than twice a day as this can strip your face with natural oil leading to dry skin which may result to breakouts.
ii. Most soap contains sulfur and antibacterial contents that may be harsh for the skin. This may dry up your skin and can reduce its natural moisture. To reduce this effect use mild, white and unscented soaps. If you have any allergies, then stay away from any products that are scented.
iii. Skin structure is hereditary and genetically-centered. When you are young, skin is elastic because of active collagen production. Once you grow older, collagen production will decrease leading to a less elastic skin and bigger pores. To deal with these large pores use products that contains collagen.
iv. Use facial scrub only one to two times a month. The use of facial scrub is not necessary as skin naturally exfoliates every month.
v. Use lukewarm water to wash your face as too cold or too hot water may result to skin dryness. vi. For those who have an oily skin they can use a toner. Cleansing with toner helps you to add matte your skin and minimize pores.
vii. Apply moisturizer after a shower, when there is still moisture in the skin. If you live in a relatively dry area, then make it a habit to apply it more often at least three times a day.
viii. Always go for the organic beauty products in Kenya since they contain fewer chemicals and other harmful substances that are added into many traditional skin care beauty products. People with sensitive skin and those who suffer from allergies such as, dermatitis or eczema, are now turning to organic beauty products as a safer alternative. ix. Many plants and herbs are known to have a beneficial effect on skin, whether it is hydrating, balancing or cleansing. Herbs and plants can be used in face creams, body lotions, facial cleansers and toners, face packs and also bath products including soaps, bath salts and hair care. Safety is one of the reasons many consumers are starting to choose organic skin care, but another reason is that natural ingredients are also more environmentally friendly than many of the chemicals commonly used in cosmetics. Organic companies usually pack their skincare products in environmentally friendly and recyclable packages and organic skin care is today seen as an eco-friendly choice. Most organic companies also have a very strict policy against animal testing, and as more consumers are concerned about animal testing in the cosmetics industry, this has added to the popularity of organic beauty products. And the growing consumer movement has added to it as well.
Beauty Products in Kenya and their related skin problems
Women can choose from a range of beauty products in Kenya to improve the health and texture of their skin. Great looking skin also accentuates the beauty of the user. To understand the use of beauty and body care products, it’s important that you fully understand what skin is.
Common skin problems caused by beauty products in Kenya
Almost everyone woman suffers from one skin problem or the other at some point in their life. Here is a list of the common skin problems that people may suffer from:
Teenagers mainly suffer from this skin condition. It appears in the form of pimples, which develop as a result of the pores on your skin getting clogged. Due to the buildup of oil dirt and dead skin cells. The mixture of dead cells, oil and dirt can facilitate the growth of bacteria, leading to an infection. Acne can develop on the face, neck, back and chest. There are various skin care products that specifically help treat acne.
There are two common forms of eczema namely atopic dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis.
- Atopic dermatitis is usually seen in children and is characterized by itchy rashes behind the knees and also in the crux of the elbow.
- Allergic contact dermatitis is usually seen in adults and is characterized by severe itching, red rash or dry patches and tenderness in the affected area.
- To overcome the above problems always use the right skin care products and even more important read the ingredients thoroughly before you use the products.
Making the Right Choice When Buying Beauty Products in Kenya
The market is full of beauty care products fighting to catch your attention. In such a scenario, it’s difficult to choose the product that best suits the needs and requirements of your skin. But you can get round it by keeping in mind certain facts about the health care before you choose a product or treatment. Few Tips to Help you pick the Right Beauty Products in Kenya:
- Read the full list of ingredients to understand their function. If you don’t know about the ingredients of the products, research them online.
- A moisturizer must contain ingredients that are proven to moisturize your skin. If you are using a cleanser, it must contain natural ingredients that will help clean your skin.
- Don’t go by the maxim that the higher the price, the better the product. Research the products available on the market, and draw out a list of the products that have been successful. Don’t be price conscious!
- If you have sensitive skin, look for products that won’t irritate your skin keep in mind that even natural products irritate the skin. If a product has a labeling that says that the product is hypo-allergic the products can work very well on sensitive skin.
- You can also take the help of a dermatologist or skin care expert before buying any natural product for skin care. Before you buy beauty products in Kenya, make sure that they are genuine and not cheap imitations.